Can I repeat courses and receive financial aid?
A new federal regulation limits the number of times a student may repeat a course and receive financial aid for that course.
- A student may receive aid when repeating a course that was previously failed (received a 0.0 or No pass), regardless of the number of times the course was attempted and failed.
- A student may receive aid to repeat a previously passed course one additional time.
- Once a student has completed any course twice with a passing grade, he/she is no longer eligible to receive aid for that course.
- If a student retakes a course that is not aid eligible, a recalculation of aid is done to exclude the credits for the repeated course.
- This rule applies whether or not the student received aid for earlier enrollments in the course.
4 Yes Votes
80% voted yes