Georgia Student Finance Authority offers the Student Access Loan (SAL) Program for eligible students attending an eligible postsecondary institution in Georgia. The SAL is a 1% fixed rate loan, designed to assist undergraduate and technical college students who have a gap in meeting their educational costs.
Applicants must have first applied for and exhausted all other student financial aid options including federal and state student loans, scholarship, and grant programs and Veterans Educational Benefits.
- Interest rate structure for loans received on or after July 1, 2014:
- Fixed rate of 1% while in school and out of school as long as the loan remains in good standing.
- A monthly Keep In Touch (KIT) Payment of $10.00 is required approximately 60 days after the first disbursement is received. The monthly KIT Payment is required while in school and while in grace period.
- Repayment is a maximum of fifteen (15) years with a minimum payment of $50.00 for loans received on or after July 1, 2015.
- The minimum annual loan amount is $500.
- The maximum term loan amount is $4,000.
- The maximum loan limit is $8,000 per year and up to a maximum of $36,000 over a college lifetime.
- Origination Fee: A non-refundable fee of 5% of the loan amount, but not more than $50.00, is deducted from the first disbursement of the loan.
- For more information and to apply go to GAfutures.org .
4 Yes Votes
57% voted yes